Today’s Daily Quips are brought to you by the labor unions: destroying American enterprises and beating people up since the Industrial Revolution.
From Breitbart With Love One of the heroes in this upside down world is Andrew Breitbart. I had the privilege to meet him a year ago where he laid out his vision of a world in which conservatives could fight back through the media, be it in Hollywood or abroad. His vision is starting to be realized, as the ACORN videos and their startling effect on the public have shown. He is taking this ACORN story straight to the liberals, all the way up to Eric Holder, a man who seems to have been getting a lot of press coverage recently. Keep fighting the good fight Mr. Breitbart!
Those Loopy Louisianans In a story that reflects all too often the rule rather than the exception, we get the scoop from ABC News on how Mary Landrieu will be bought off for her healthcare vote. First, one can’t help but notice how arcane yet deceptive the language is in the bill. Clearly it is something written by lawyers, intentionally set out to deceive the public. Second, this is how politics works. In its simplest form this case represents bargaining, but in its most nefarious it represents legalized plunder. Third, Glenn Beck did a great job of showing how the DC game works in exposing good ol’ John Murtha last night. American politics makes a mockery of the public, but the public continues to feed at the trough of DC.
The Financial-Political Complex Mr. Corzine, another esteemed former Goldman politician looks to potentially be coming back into the financial fray as CEO of B of A. And he thought governing New Jersey was hard. Big Government picks up on Corzine’s ties to Big Labor, and questions how that might impact his decisions as CEO. As we know, the big financial institutions have always done business with the criminal community-organizers, and I would expect nothing less if Corzine does in fact take the job.
Gangreen Michelle Malkin, another hero in the effort to expose the sheer and utter corruption of this administration specifically and the lefties generally writes about a global warming scandal that has recently come to light. People need to understand what the Green Movement is. It has nothing whatsoever to do with improving the environment. It is about a power grab, plain and simple. There will be a massive wealth transfer to companies that play along with the government in pushing green technology, and to the financial services sector that will make billions in trading revenues from the “carbon market.” The consumers will have to deal with the cruel tax of increases in energy prices, while politicians, energy-producers and bankers will have a field day. I should note that GE is the face of all evil when it comes to this movement. They are also ruining quality programming like The Office and 30 Rock with their green message. Al Gore plugged global warming for a couple of minutes at the end of last night’s 30 Rock for example. And can they please stop with the green NBC peacock logo and green tickers. Shameless, shameless propaganda.
1. Van Jones – Continuing in the line of moderate, sane czars prudently chosen by President Obama, we have this man:
It’s not as if Obama just surrounds himself with lefties. He goes for the most radical, vitriolic and just plain batty people. There is no real oversight over these aptly named czars, and this extra layer of government allows Obama free rein over the system of checks and balances. It is very telling that the people in our government who he has sole power to pick are the craziest and most destructive.
2. A White House report shows that H1N1 may kill 90,000 – I’m going to come out out right now and say that I don’t know how exactly the White House is going to play this, or what tactics they are going to use, but they are going to try to use this virus as a crisis to increase federal power. They can use it to sell national healthcare, or they can intervene with the states’ handling of an outbreak, or try something far more nefarious like using the flu to declare martial law and subvert our liberties. Right now, they are just releasing these reports to pave the way for increased intervention down the road.
3. NY AFL-CIO head named chairman of the NY Fed – I couldn’t believe this the first time I read it, but then again when you look at the big picture this makes perfect sense. The banking cartel needed to make amends for having their political brethren in important government positions. Labor is gaining inordinate power under the Obama administration and are probably the constituency that he is most banking on for his re-election in 2012. This move follows the strategy of the politicians to a tee – the government will do whatever it takes to bail out the moneyed interests and the union laborer’s interests, while screwing everyone else in-between. They bribe the moneyed interests to keep them paying the taxes to subsidize the poor. They bribe labor at the expense of the real capitalists and entrepreneurs who create labor’s jobs. The middle class and those who create the prosperity around us pay the price.
4. Eric Holder will pursue CIA interrogators – “Holder said that he realizes the move is controversial, but that it was the only responsible course to take. The decision does not reflect a sharp division between the Justice Department and the White House, government officials said, given the limits of the preliminary review and the respect that Obama says he maintains for the role of an independent attorney general.” I mean wow. First, what brilliant politics by Obama. He allows Holder to go after prosecuting members of the CIA because of the role of the “independent attorney general,” so he gets what he probably wanted all along but can always tell the critics that he is merely allowing for the proper separation of powers. Second, WTF is wrong with you Eric Holder. You go after the people that are doing their job to defend our country ex post, threatening the CIA and deterring anyone from ever joining the agency from this point forward, yet fail to go after members of the Black Panthers threatening to bludgeon people at the voting booths.
5. Obama on the Vineyard – The President always seems to come up smelling like roses. While the world goes to hell, and his party is taking bullets at townhalls (sometimes arguing that they should use bullets themselves), Mr. Obama gets to hit the links and sip on cocktails. Now I have absolutely no problem with President’s taking vacations (though it is garbage that they use taxpayer dollars to do so), as I understand that a “vacation” for a President is hardly a real vacation, and that their job is highly stressful all the time. That being said, imagine if a Republican President during a time like this when the country is running $9 trillion deficits over the next ten years (Barry’s guys were $2 trillion off on the math there mind you) and unemployment numbers are high decided to head to a ranch in Crawford or worse some lush pad out in Orange Country for some R&R. The media would be up in arms. But it seems that hypocrisy is the way of the world today. At least Obama should have the courtesy to invite some of his poor community organizing friends out to the 29-acre estate.